Aim and Scope
The aim of BioDiscovery is to provide a platform for scientists in all areas of biology and medicine to promote, share and discuss new ideas and developments. BioDiscovery publishes the following article types:
- Original research articles.
- Reviews, including mini-reviews and monograph-type papers. The latter will be published as special journal issues and assigned ISBN numbers.
- Short communications.
- Case Reports.
- Letters to Editor.
BioDiscovery considers for publication original, high quality research which contributes significantly for the development of the knowledge in biology and medicine. Articles submitted to BioDiscovery benefit from its broad scope and readership, and dedicated media promotion. We have a rapid turnaround time of 3 weeks from submission to first decision.
Open Access Policy
Dundee Science Press adheres to open access to accelerate the barrier-free dissemination of scientific knowledge. By publishing open access, authors benefit from a higher visibility and increased citation rate of their papers. Dundee Science Press applies the Creative Commons Attribution License (CCAL) to all published work. Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their article, but allow anyone to download, reuse, reprint, modify, distribute, and/or copy articles published in BioDiscovery so long as the original authors and source are cited.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to BiodDiscovery the authors certify that:
- The work described has not been published before and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The publication has been approved by all the authors.
- Authors grant Dundee Science Press commercial rights to produce hardcopy volumes of the journal for distribution to libraries and individuals.
Article publication charges
We are currently offering introductory publication charges of £300 for Research Articles, Reviews and Short Communications and £200 for Case Reports, Commentaries, Letter to Editor and Hypotheses. Charges are only made if an article is accepted for publication (there is no charge for submission). Requests for discounts will be considered when authors do not have the available funds. For further details see pricing.
BioDiscovery is published by Dundee Science Press Ltd, 46 Seymour Str, Dundee DD2 1HA, Scotland, UK